Dave's concert with Riverton Stake

Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy 2008!

We're a little late, but happy 2008! Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and a fun New Year. Have you finished making those resolutions? Have you broken any yet? :-)

Here are a few of our resolutions that we made as a family:

1. Keep reading scriptures & having family prayer every night
2. Do better at having family night
3. Keep junk food out of the house
4. Watch less TV (Jazz games don't count!)
5. Stick to our budget
6. Replenish used food storage items weekly instead of monthly (the list gets too long!)

Dave is trying to stay away from carbonation, and I'm avoiding sugar. We'll see who lasts longer on this stuff. :-)

The kids made some goals too, like making beds, not fighting, and not whining (good luck with that one, Mom and Dad).

Abby is really doing well with her reading, and is getting lots of words down on her own. Caleb is practicing his letters, and learning to color more without just scribbling. Eliza looks like she's about ready to get her first tooth, and is sitting up really well, and making crawling motions when she's on her tummy.

Phoebe is...well, Phoebe. As I type this she's outside chasing her tail, refusing to come inside even though it's what...20 degrees out there? She's nuts. Guess that means she fits in. She's making a resolution to wear her collar MORE often and lick LESS often.

We're all doing good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eliza: "I'm so embarrassed... the whole world wide web is looking at me. I just got up, still in my pj's - I haven't brushed my hair, or put on my face. Aaarrrggghh.

Pa Done

Kellye said...

Meredith!! I'm always trying to stalk you, but you don't update!!! How are things going? I'm not putting too much pressure on you, I haven't updated for a month. Just wanted to stalk before I got back into it! : )

Porter family said...

Tagged!

I have been Tagged. How to play this game of tag. Post these rules on your blog. List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (see mine as an example)