Dave's concert with Riverton Stake

Friday, November 14, 2008

Caleb the smarty-pants!

So, Caleb is starting to read. He'll come in with a magazine, book, etc. and tell me what it says--things he hasn't read before. Yesterday I heard him muttering something in the living room, and peeked in to see him with a book he hasn't had out in ages, and he was sounding out the words to himself. That little stinker turned 4 in July. And now, he's starting to spell. We were quizzing Abby on her spelling words last night because she has a test today, but Caleb kept spelling the words and we had to tell him to be quiet and let Abby do it.

Abby will be our political journalist, and Caleb will be our scientist or tech geek. Jury's still out on Eliza, but so far she really likes to get her groove on whenever she hears music. Her newest word is "hi" and she just loves saying it over and over...and over. :) She's also started saying "Caleb" and "Abby."

And Dave, Mr. "It's too early for Christmas music" actually put a CD on himself last night...a CHRISTMAS CD. He also admitted to listening to some at work yesterday. So much for being Mr. Scrooge, huh? :) He just hides his enthusiasm better than I do.

2 comments:

Brammer Family said...

This is just amazing to me! I read on someone's blog the other day that their 1st grader was learning the alphabet and the sounds each letter makes. I was like "Ha! My preschooler already knows all that!"

But 4 years old and reading? This is so neat. Smarty pants indeed. Maybe he'll be a doctor :)

I can't wait to hear Liza say "hi" :)

Unknown said...

Holy cow! He's reading already??? That's amazing! And tell Dave I'm all for christmas music - I've been listening to it since Nov 1st!!!