CHOCOLATE PUDDING
1/2 c. sugar (even Splenda or whatever I'm sure)
3 tbsp. cornstarch
2 1/2 c. milk (I used 1 cup of half & half, then 1 1/2 cup milk)
1/3 c. cocoa
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt in saucepan. Slowly stir in milk, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly. Stir and cook 3 minutes longer (might want to turn down the heat at this point); stir in vanilla. Chill. Makes 6 servings.
I just took it off the stove and boy...it looks and smells good! I used evaporated cane juice crystals instead of sugar (refined sugar is a no-no for me most of the time). It looks FABOO! I've never made pudding this way before. I can't tell you how many times on a Sunday night we've said, "Mmm...pudding sounds good, but we don't have any boxes." Well duh...just make some!
There's this cool website called SweetSavvy.com. She has all kinds of different, healthier sweeteners on there along with recipes. Check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment